By: Tori Berube, MFF Marketing & Outreach
As you consider gift giving this holiday season, would you consider giving the gift of a book? Reading a book provides readers, especially in this time of social distancing, with a time to escape, to dream and to learn. As we at Morgan Franklin Fellowship work to provide individuals and organizations with tools to build pathways towards financial independence, we’ve taken a little time to scour some of the “Best of 2020” lists for personal finance books we hope you will give to family and friends (or give to yourself!).
While some of these books were published years ago, the advice and information still ring true with readers today. Compiled from lists published by The College Investor, The Balance and Business Insider, you might like to consider gifting these books to family and friends interested in pursuing their own path to financial independence (or for your own wish list!):
- The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America’s Wealthy (and, in November 2020, The Next Millionaire Next Door: Enduring Strategies for Building Wealth was published!)
- Why Didn’t They Teach Me This in School?
- The Total Money Makeover Classic Edition: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
- The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich
A Journey to Personal Financial Success
Standards of Financial Literacy (SFL), MFF’s signature program, supports the concept of personal financial freedom by giving participants of all ages the insight to set goals, track net worth and apply acquired knowledge. This online, self-paced program is ideal for individuals and groups alike.
Upon successful completion of SFL’s six-module course, participants become an MFF Fellow. Becoming an MFF Fellow is the ticket to access additional MFF courses and opportunities for mentoring, networking, internships and hands-on projects. These are the opportunities which allow MFF Fellows to continue their journey to personal financial success.
To learn more about this exciting program, click here.