By Tori Berube, Director of Marketing and Outreach
Buying a home is one of life’s major decisions, especially for first-time homebuyers. Neighborworks® Southern New Hampshire’s HomeOwnership Program Director Paul McLaughlin recently joined us to share the factors to consider when beginning the homebuying process. While buying a home may help you build equity and provide housing stability, it may also mean decreased mobility and ongoing maintenance costs.
In this interactive presentation, Paul not only offers helpful tips, such as not selecting a lender solely based on an interest rate, but he also:
- explores the pros and cons of buying a home
- defines the 10 steps in the homebuying process
- explains the lending process (including the four C’s of lending)
- discusses the four C’s of debt
- identifies the laws designed to protect homebuyers
- shares additional resources
There are many factors to consider when buying your first home. Paul provides helpful information to help you understand these factors and start you on the path to making a well-informed decision. We wish you well as you begin the homebuying process!